September 19 – December 10
UCSB Adventure Programs is proud to offer a number of virtual and in-person programs this quarter.
UCSB Adventure Programs | Join the Adventure!
UCSB Adventure Programs are open to everyone - students, staff, faculty, alumni and community members. We offer reduced rates for students as a result of the Rec Sports and Students’ initiatives. Sign ups for all offerings are in the Rec Cen Customer Service Center or online here.
We are proud to offer our programs at an unbelievable value. Current UCSB Students receive an extra discount thanks to the Rec Sports Fee Initiatives. Thank you for investing in your adventures.
Interested in working for UCSB Adventure Programs? Consider working at the Adventure Climbing Center, Adventure Ropes Course, or joining our Leadership Training Course, a five-month course that gives you the foundation to become an outdoor guide!
Are you a new Gaucho first year or transfer?
Welcome to First Year Outdoor Adventures (FYOA)!
Find us @ucsbadventure on Snapchat Facebook Instagram Twitter
Join our Mailing List. Check out our current Newsletter
Choose Your Adventure
Kayaking at Santa Cruz Island. Backpacking in Yosemite. Canoeing down the Colorado River. SCUBA or Wilderness First Aid Certification. Aerial Silk or Surfing Instruction. Rock Climbing at Gibraltar. Or simply go out with your team using our Rentals or Adventure Pass.
Push your limits with something new or take advanced classes to improve your skills. At UCSB Adventure Programs, we work hard to provide a wide array of activities so everyone can get a regular dose of ADVENTURE and keep life amazing! We are wired to be outside. Science is demonstrating what we intuitively know: Nature makes us happy.
UCSB Adventure Programs improves campus and community lives by providing educational and recreational experiences through wilderness trips, outdoor recreation classes, ropes courses, and climbing center programs.
We are commitment to offering programs which:
- Provide opportunities for self-discovery and leadership
- Offer exceptional customer service and professionalism
- Cultivate cooperative behavior by respecting and understanding individual differences
- Don't require experience - only the desire to participate
- Foster continual learning and growth
- Teach essential outdoor skills
- Encourage challenge within an acceptable level of emotional and physical risk
- Are accessible to a wide range of ages and ability levels
- Promote wilderness ethics and stewardship, utilizing Leave No Trace principles
UCSB Adventure Programs employees operate using sound judgment and standards set by UCSB and the outdoor industry in addition to professional training and personal experiences.