BEACH WHEELCHAIR AT CAMPUS POINT
Thanks to a generous grant from the UCSB Coastal Fund there is now a beach wheelchair at UCSB Campus Point.
There is no cost* to use the chair and it is available to everyone, no campus affiliation required.
*parking fees do apply
- UCSB Campus Point Rental Center
The staff of the Campus Point Rental Center have a key to the chair storage shed. If the Rental Center is open, you can ask them for the key. We do ask that you make yourself aware of the Rental Center hours and return the chair/shed key 15 minutes before the Rental Center closes.
Campus Point Rental Center hours
- UCSB Recreation Center
A key is also available at the UCSB Recreation Center.
Again, please give yourself enough time to ensure the key is returned to the Rec Cen before their scheduled closing time.
Rec Cen hours
Chair is stored in shed assembled except for rear wheels. The rear wheels must be removed in order to fit in the shed but are easily attached to chair with pin mechanism. No tools are required.
Location and assembly information
USE GUIDELINES & INFORMATION
- The Beach Wheelchair is located in a small tan shed in front of the last trailer at the bottom of Lagoon Rd. See Campus Map for direction to campus Point.
- Parking permits are required while parking on campus. There is a Disabled parking spot located adjacent to the wheelchair shed at Campus Point but a pass must be purchased in lot 6 before driving down the road as there are not permit machines located in the lower lot. Please note that parking in the lower Campus Point space does require a valid UCSB parking permit and a disabled placard or license plate. For additional parking information please visit UCSB Transportation and Parking Services website.
- Additional info regarding location and assembly of the chair can be found here.
- Please use chair in the vicinity of Campus Point only.
- Check air in tires before use. Air pump is available in the shed.
- Rinse off chair with fresh water and dry after use. (water/shower available near bathrooms)
- Return storage shed key to point of check-out at least 15 minutes before closing.
- Shed key must be returned to check out location the same day as check-out. Exceptions to this procedure in case of Holiday/closures must be made at least 1 week in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The storage shed can be difficult to close until you get the hang of it. Please be sure the doors are aligned properly and fully secure before leaving. You may have to push the top portion of the doors to get them secured.
- Signed Waiver of Liability required of users prior to chair use. Please give waiver to staff upon receipt of shed key.
Waiver available here.
- Report any issues to email@example.com or upon returning key.