Refund Policy: Membership refunds are reviewed and granted only at the discretion of the administrative supervisor. Submitting a refund request DOES NOT GUARANTEE A REFUND.
All refunds are subject to the following policies:
- Notification of refund status will be sent via email once processed.
- Membership Refunds can NOT be transferred across programs/services.
- Refunds for Day Passes are NOT AVAILABLE.
- 1 month, 3 month and 1 year Recreation memberships can be considered for a prorated refund for one of the following reasons, require documentation, and are subject to a cancellation fee of $20.
- Termination of UCSB employment
- Transfer off-campus
- Formal leave of absence and sabbaticals
- Changes in medical condition resulting in physical limitations
- If granted, memberships purchased via credit/debit card will be refunded to the original credit/debit card.
- If granted, memberships purchased via cash or check will be refunded by check. Check refunds, if given, take four to six weeks to process through university accounting. The refund will be sent to the address on file.
To maintain the Recreation Center, part of, or the entire facility, may be temporarily unavailable while repairs or renovations take place. As a result of repairs, maintenance, or renovations, we may be required to restrict the use or temporarily close the facility. No refunds of membership fees or other charges will be offered.
- All cancellations must be made in writing (e-mails will be accepted).
- Patrons on the annual Payroll Deduction membership may be subject to a cancellation fee and it will be deducted from your paycheck for early cancellation.
- A Payroll Deduction form must be picked-up and completed at the Customer Service Center (CSC) in order to process a cancellation.
- Payroll Deduction memberships can take one billing cycle for the request to be processed by campus payroll.
Membership Transfer and Credit Policy
All memberships are non-transferable.
Prices are subject to change at the discretion of the Governance Board.