We are currently not offering any DPP cohorts.
The Diabetes Prevention Program is a complimentary one-year lifestyle change program designed for non-diabetic individuals ages 18 and older who have prediabetes or are at risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes. The program utilizes a CDC-approved curriculum, trained lifestyle coaches, and group support over the course of a year. These 24 classes will provide education, encouragement, and the necessary tools to help reach your health goals.
Sign up now at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The program includes:
- One-hour sessions led by a trained lifestyle coach
- Techniques to manage stress
- Helpful nutrition information
- Tips to increase physical activity and stay motivated
- Problem solving strategies for overcoming lifestyle challenges/changes
The program is free for UC Santa Barbara Faculty and Staff!
Eligibility to Participate
Eligibility requirements include:
- > 18 years of age
- BMI > 25; or Asian individuals BMI > 23
And one or more of the following:
- A prediabetes assessment score > or = to 5 according to the Risk Test
- Blood test with prediabetes diagnosis
- Past diagnosis of gestational diabetes