The WorkStrong Program is a UC-wide initiative that provides specialized health and wellness programs for those who have been injured on the job. WorkStrong is a comprehensive 12-week program designed to reduce the risk of further injury and promote overall health and wellness. The program is free to participants and designed to fit each individual's needs. Our goal is to provide a fun and challenging environment for education, awareness, and improved health. Physician referral required.
- Free 6-month membership to the UCSB Recreation Center
- Private personal training and post-rehab sessions
- Stress management education and tools
- Pre and post fitness testing and body composition assessments
- Massage Therapy
- One-on-one nutrition education
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Behavioral health services through the UCSB Academic & Staff Assistance Program
- All services offered in Spanish
- Fitness & Post-Rehab Training: WorkStrong clients will receive 12 weeks of one-on-one training from a certified trainer, who will design a program that is personalized to the needs of the client. Participants will learn about injury prevention strategies and exercises. A postural assessment, functional movement screening, and/or comprehensive biometric assessment will help our trainers design an exercise program and track progress.
- Nutrition Consultations and Weight Management: WorkStrong clients will obtain an in-depth analysis of their eating habits and learn how nutrition can affect health and chronic medical conditions. Our nutrition educator will assess the participant's current diet and eating habits and provide strategies to make healthier choices.
- Life Balance and Stress Reduction: Our team of instructors, trainers, and fitness experts will help you form those stress reduction strategies geared towards making you feel better day by day. We offer Therapeutic Yoga and Massage Therapy, which can help decompress those who may be wound tight after a stressful day. Our goal is to teach clients to increase awareness about stress levels so that it can be more easily managed.
- Behavior Modification Strategies: Implemented to help clients be more productive and ditch those time-wasting and energy-sapping habits. We collaborate with the UCSB's Academic & Staff Assistance Program (ASAP) to set up participants with a behavioral health assessment to promote emotional health and well-being.
For more information, contact the WorkStrong Coordinator, Dina Mijacevic, Ph.D., CSCS, NSCA-CPT, USAW-L1, FRCms, at (805) 893-4060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.