Intramural Sports offers team registrations for captains that have their team ready to go and free agent registrations for those that want to participate but don’t have a team yet.
Complete the steps below to register your Intramural team or sign up as a Free Agent.
You must have a Recreation Membership to participate in IM Sports.
- Select your team captain to purchase the team registration on the Department of Recreation Online Store or at the Customer Service Center located in the Rec Center. Only purchasing the registration guarantees your place in the league.
- Use the IMLeagues platform to create your team after you have purchased your team registration. Captains that have not paid their team registration fee will have their teams removed from IMLeagues.
- Invite your teammates to your IMLeagues team. All teammates must be registered on IMLeagues and on the team roster before check-in for the IM contest.
Free Agent Registration
Players who want to play IM Sports but do not have a team may purchase a place on one of our Free Agent teams.
- Purchase the Free Agent team registration on the Department of Recreation Online Store or at the Customer Service Center located in the Rec Center. Only purchasing the registration guarantees your place on the team.
- Create an IMLeagues account.
- Join the UCSB organization.
- Accept the invitation to the Free Agent team.
Inter Collegiate Athletics (ICA) Athletes
ICA athletes are only allowed to participate in the most advanced league that is offered for their sports. Additionally, no team may have more than one (1) ICA athlete for their related sport. Individuals maintain ICA status for one full academic year. Criteria for determining ICA status is any individual that is a member of varsity, junior varsity or freshman intercollegiate team. This includes individuals who have suited up for an intercollegiate contest, practiced with an ICA team after the last cut, or redshirted for an intercollegiate team.
Sport Club Athletes
Sport Club athletes are only allowed to participate in the most advanced league that is offered for their sports. Additionally, no team may have more than two (2) Sport Club athletes for their related sport. Individuals maintain Sport Club athlete status for one full academic year.
|ICA/Sport Club Sport||related intramural sport|
|Men's/Women's Soccer||Outdoor/Indoor Soccer/Futsal|
|Men’s/Women’s Volleyball||Indoor Volleyball|