Whether you are new to the use of massage as a therapeutic practice, or have been benefiting from it for years, we want you to feel as comfortable as possible when coming to receive a treatment from one of our Gaucho Pulse Massage Therapists. To prepare you for your massage session, we have created a step-by-step outline of what you can expect.
- Meet and Greet - Once you arrive at the Massage Therapy Clinic at the Recreation Center for your appointment (we suggest showing up 15 minutes early so that you can have as much time as possible with your therapist), you will discuss your registration packet questionnaire with your Therapist. This provides them with information regarding your medical history, as well as insight into what you are hoping to get out of your treatment session.
- Getting Started - Once your Massage Therapist is familiar with your wishes and expectations, they will guide you in choosing the best massage type for your individual needs. They will take you into the private Massage Therapy Clinic, which will be pre-prepared with fresh linens and warming elements to make sure you are comfortable during your massage. At this point, the massage therapist will leave the room while you undress to your comfort level, before settling under the sheets on the massage table. The top sheet will remain on you during the entirety of your massage, with additional blankets are available upon request.
Helpful tips to help you prepare for your massage session:
- Prior to your massage, please remove glasses and all jewelry.
- Pull long hair back with a clip or band.
- Feel free to ask your Therapist any questions before, during, or after the session. Your therapist is a highly trained professional and will be happy to make you feel more informed and comfortable.
- Please bring a photo ID to each session, as well as your completed registration packet and a copy of your payment receipt.
- During Your Massage - If at any point during your massage a stroke, technique or the amount of pressure being applied is uncomfortable, alert your Massage Therapist. Everyone is different, and the Massage Therapists know this. They want to deliver the best, most relaxing and healing massage possible, which means making sure you are as comfortable as possible. If there is a specific area of your body that you would like the Massage Therapist to spend more time on, alert them of this as well!
- Ongoing Relief – We recommend that you hydrate throughout the remainder of your day after your massage to flush out the components released from your muscles during your treatment. The healing power of massage therapy is so powerful, that you will begin to benefit from it after just one session. However, the road to health is life long, and requires constant attention. For this reason, we recommend you schedule appointments with us on a regular basis to keep you feeling your best.