SAVE THE DATE!
Fun & Fitness Festival
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
This Department of Recreation showcase event is FREE and open to all UCSB students, staff, and faculty! Come see all that Recreation has to offer, sign up for class, join a team, make friends, and have some fun. Whether you are new to campus, a returning student who hasn't explored all that Recreation has to offer, or a curious staff or faculty member, we invite you to "Find Your Fit" and join in on the fun!
The Fun & Fitness Festival is the UCSB Department of Recreation's annual showcase event that takes place during UCSB's Week of Welcome every Fall quarter of the new academic year. The festival showcases the variety of classes and activities that Recreation offers including FREE fitness, sport and adventure demos. Information and sign ups are available for Intramural Sports, Sports Clubs and Athletic Training. Participants also enjoy live performances, games, giveaways from our sponsors and more!
Fun and Fitness Festival has been one of the most popular events on campus since the first time it was held in 1993. Over 6,000 students, faculty, and community members attend each year! Join us this year for the fun which includes:
- Free Food!
- Giveaways from the Department of Recreation and our sponsors (T-Shirts, Gift Certificates, Stickers, and more!)
- Interactive Games
- Meet and sign up for one of our Sport Clubs!
- Gaucho REC demos
- Fitness demos
- Free Massages from our Massage Therapists
- Intramural Sports and Sport Club sign-ups
- Live performances including music and entertainment
- Adventure Programs Mobile Climbing Wall, Slacklining, S'Mores, Aerial Silks and more
- Rock Climbing in the Adventure Climbing Center
- Try SCUBA Diving (No Experience Necessary), Log Rollingand Play Canoe Battleship at the Rec Cen Pools
- Athletic Training and Athletic Performance Center information